Wednesday, April 12, 2006

STC Open Round 6

Here is the transcript of my Round 6 game in the STC Open tourney. I've switched to the ICC Chessviewer applet to see how it works. This was an interesting game. My initial overall assessment is that there are (at least) a couple of things I need to work on:

  • End game tactics -- I had a winnable game until near the end

  • Time management -- I lost on time with ~10 minutes left on my opponent's clock

Other comments are (hopefully) embedded below.
















This browser is not Java-enabled.

2 comments:

katar said...

I just scrolled through the game very fast, but noticed that you put all your pawns on dark squares when your bishop was also on dark squares. Ideally you wanna fix the enemy pawns on dark squares then tie down the enemy king/knight to guarding those pawns.

I think you could've won a pawn with 9.exd5, unless i missed something(?) Ndf3 set a neat trap threatening exd Qxd then Bxh+ wins the queen. That's a common tactic to look for. Not a bad game at all.

King of the Spill said...

Good game. I think your tactics workouts are helping.