Saturday, March 25, 2006

Getting the exercises organized

Spent about 30 minutes looking for a 30 0 game on FICS last night. No takers. I suspect I simply didn't wait long enough. A while back I came across the STC Bunch who are committeed to slow time controls, so I signed up with them as a member again. I'll give it another go over the w/e if I have some time.

Also did another bunch of problems on CTS with mixed results. It's interesting the simple, obvious things I miss! I think that's where the MDLM program is going to help the most--with what you folks call "board vision."

I tinkered a bit with the K-R concentric square exercise. I'll start them in earnest today. I'm going to need to start carrying my portable set with me when I travel! CPT 3.2 beta 9 is now installed as well, and the search now begins for 1,000 problems. Any suggestions? Maybe it's just easier to buy CT-Art. I'll dig through the Knights' blogs to see what you have done.

2 comments:

Montse said...

Pendrax,

Look if you can find something interesting on this site. Go to the home page also, they have a lot more.

http://www.uni-klu.ac.at/~gossimit/c/tactic.htm

Calvin said...

hi. did it really take 30 minutes to find a 30 0 game? it usually doesn't take me more than 15 minutes, usually in the 5 minutes range. let me know your fics handle and maybe we can play. :)

dejascacchi has a good set of tactics problems. might want to check that out. if you need the link, just go to my site and look in the links section. good luck.